Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Library Clutter

This is an experience I had some months ago, but it's still something to watch out for. I was at the Library looking for books to help me (or motivate me) in my job hunt. I found one or two books I thought I would read, but piled another 4 or 5 books onto my pile thinking "It won't hurt to have them. I might read them."

Ah, I should have listened to myself! If I had misgivings before I even left the library that I wasn't likely to read them, I would have been wise to spare myself the extra weight to carry around. And I didn't read them. I read one which was tiny and a fast read, but basically they sat there reminding me that I hadn't listened to myself.

Listen to yourself--trust yourself! Only get what you are going to read. It's dead weight that is easy to prevent.

No comments: