Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun with dandelions

Ok, so as still new home owners, Spousie and I are trying to take care of our large lawn which had been neglected for at least a year. Dandelions are one of the things we are trying to purge from the lawn area. Besides spraying with dandelion weed killer, Spousie has delevoped a keen knack for "popping out" the dandelions.

Spousie uses the dandelion weed tool that is approximately a foot long and looks like a screw driver, except there are 2 nubby prongs instead of the screwdriver head. Spousie can use this tool and poke it into the ground and with a quick flip of the wrist--the dandelion root is snapped and up comes the plant sometimes with a spray of dirt.

I think this is hilarious! Spousie tried to teach me how to do this, but I lack the wrist coordination to snap it up fast enough. I love watching Spousie do this! I laugh so hard. Finally I got a clue and started trying to catch the weeds as they flew up and sometimes across the yard. Sometimes Spousie can get some real height on those things.

So if you happen to have a large crop of dandelions-I suggest this game. See who can master the art of popping them out of the ground, and let the others see who can catch the most!

(It's times like this that make me wish I had a digital camera to take a video!)

No comments: