Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm a 9!

No, not on a scale of one to ten. Of the Enneagram personality types, I am a 9. I have historically been operating from the unhealthy realm of 9 so much that I scored myself higher on 6 than I did on 9! (When 9's are unhealthy and/or stressed they act like 6's.)

The Enneagram is a personality type profile that does MUCH more than tell you 'you're like this and that's it'. It is very flexible yet very thorough. I am amazed at what I am learning, and realizing "ok, that makes sense. Allright, that explains a LOT" (about how I have been living my life up to this point).

It explains the identity crisis I went through when I got married, the identity crisis I had when I left the LDS church, the identity crisis that I am no longer in. I'm not in crisis. I am on a quest to uncover the deeper true me that as a 9, often was buried for the sake of peace and not rocking the boat.

Not only does the Enneagram talk about your personality traits, but it also talks about ways to uncover and move beyond your ego talking and grow to a more powerful and spiritual you. I highly reccommend that you check out this book about it:

The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types, by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson

I learned about this at Christine Kane's retreat. I'm still learning from it, so the retreat must have been a success! I'm still in touch with several of the women from the retreat, and enjoying their encouragement as well as sharing it.

No comments: