Saturday, January 24, 2009

Commuter Kindness - Share the Love

As I've been driving to work this week, I've really been trying to focus on being KIND. I noticed I was getting too serious about my commute (i.e. stressed while driving). I don't want to be the type of driver that rides the bumper of the car in front of me, for the mere fact that I couldn't stand to have anyone pull in front of me.

So this week I've focused on being a kind driver. I've noticed other drivers being kind, and I want to continue and grow that feeling. I've been a little more gracious about letting others pull in front of me when they signal they need to change lanes, and I even got a wave of thanks in return once. It made my day.

I've had a very trying week at work. I realized how fortunate I have been that there hasn't been snow to add an hour or more to my commute (which is already 20 minutes longer that I care to drive). With that thought, I really tried to focus on being kind during my commute and driving around town. There's already too much stress and tension in the world. I don't need to add to my own levels, or contribute to it in the world. I'm trying to share kindness instead.

No comments: