Sunday, January 25, 2009

December Confessions

Ok, so here's why I didn't write much in November and December. True, I was trying to crank out a draft manuscript for my writing class. I also had discovered www.hulu.com a website from which you can watch a lot of movies or tv shows online.

My spouse introduced me to "Firefly" and I was hooked. Yes, I can say I'm a fan of Sci-fi, and this was probably the best I have seen EVER. There are only 14 episodes, but the gang got reunited and created a movie "Serenity" (the name of the ship).

Obviously, we were good enough this year that Santa got us a copy of the movie. (Spousie had already bought the series, better quality for our 12 foot screen rather than on a 22 inch computer screen). I watched the movie at least 3 times (probably all that long weekend) and more. I am telling you, this is good.

Sci-fi without all the high-falutiness. They are cowboys on a spaceship. Go check it out. The characters, concept, it's all great. The best I have ever seen. That's why I keep watching it over and over. Trying to glean more, and understand why it's so dang good.

No comments: