Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Feliz dia de los Reyes!

Ok, so I haven't lived in Spain for more than 9 years (it will be 10 this July!) but I still remember this holiday. Today is "el dia de los Reyes" in Spain. In English it would be translated, "the day of the Kings" which I guess in other Christian terminology is Epiphany, or the day that the 3 kings were supposed to have arrived to visit the baby Jesus and deliver their gifts. (This is where the 12 days of Christmas comes from--after Christmas day, not the 12 days before it! But I digress.)

So, I kindof like holidays. This was a fun one in Spain. I saw a huge parade with dragons and all sorts of things, loud music, and this was typically the day when people exchanged presents. I was told that it was a bigger holiday (in regards to gift-giving) than even Christmas.

So-enjoy the holiday, what's left of it. Maybe my gift to you was that I finally started blogging again! :^)

No comments: